When people mentioned making ice cream at home I always pictured big shiny ice cream makers, churners, cooking stuff off… a lot of faff basically! Little did I know that quick and easy- no faff ice cream recipes existed!
I have tried this recipe a couple of times now and have tweaked it along the way- I think this recipe is just right. Oreos + Vanilla + Cream… what’s not to love?!
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 400g (1 tin) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 packet Oreos
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Crush 2/3 of Oreos using a rolling pin
- In a large bowl, whisk, heavy cream and vanilla on high speed until soft peaks form
- Fold in condensed milk until blended
- Fold in crushed Oreos
- Spread this mixture into a loaf pan suitable for freezing
- Break up remaining 1/3 of Oreos by hand over the top of the ice cream mixture
- Cover with foil and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
Above is the basic vanilla ice cream base, you can adapt the recipe to what ever flavour suits you, below is how it is made into ‘Oreo Ice Cream’
You will notice in the pictures I have lined the loaf tin, this isnt really necessary, I did this on this occasion as I had planned to lift the ice cream out and slice it like Vienetta to serve. All my previous attempts were made without lining the tin and they worked fine too!
Please feel free to click here and tag me on Instagram if you have a go at home- i’d love to see how you get on!