Quick & Light Brioche Style Buns
These light brioche buns are quick, easy and delicious! Follow this recipe and get fluffy brioche buns in only 15 minutes baking time!
Since getting my Kenwood K-Mix for mother’s day, I have loved learning how to bake different types of breads. We have used these buns for homemade beef burgers, Nandos chicken burgers and BBQ pulled pork burgers- they were all super tasty!
PREP TIME- 15 mins COOK TIME- 15 mins RISING TIME- 30 mins TOTAL TIME-1 hr
- 2/3 cup milk warm
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 450-500 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg (for egg wash)
- Whisk together warm milk, melted butter, sugar and yeast.
- Add eggs and whisk well.
- Add the flour and salt- Use a dough hook, and mix on medium-low for 8 to 10 minutes or so. The dough should come away from the side of the bowl for the most part, and be sticky and soft. It will stay a bit tacky, that’s fine – you don’t want the buns to be dense.
- Optional: Let rise until doubled in size, cover with a damp, warm towel, then punch down and move on to next step.
- Divide into 8 equal pieces- Shape each dough ball, by pinching the bottom of the dough ball together and then cupping your hand on top of it on the counter. Circle your hand over top of the ball, rolling the dough ball around gently until the top is smooth. Pinch together the bottom if needed and set on lined baking tray. Cover with a towel.
- Let rise in a warm spot until almost doubled- roughly 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Whisk an egg with a teaspoon of water and brush over top of the buns.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until golden brown and completely cooked.
- Time varies as ovens vary so watch the buns carefully halfway through cooking time.
One thought on “Homemade Brioche Buns”
They look great I do like a good brioche. Will try these over the weekend
LikeLiked by 2 people