It’s yummier than it looks- honest!
I always feel like I’m winning at mum life when Harry eats a big bowl of this casserole. I’m not sure if it’s because he’s such a fussy eater, but him happily eating his fill of veggies fills me with sheer joy!
I always make a big batch, keep two portions in the fridge and freeze the rest in little snack bags.
I don’t often make the exact same cassrole each time, whatever veg I can get my hands on, it goes in!
2 medium carrots
1 small head of broccoli
1 large handful of baby new potatoes
1 cup of frozen peas
1/2 cup of tinned sweetcorn
1 small handful of mangetout
1 small handful of baby sweetcorn
1 pack of 8 pork sausages
1 vegetable stock cube
1 teaspoon of mixed hearbs
- Finely chop all the vegetables to your preferred size
- Add vegetables to a large pan and cover with boiling water
- Whilst the veg is boiling, bake sausages on 180 degrees for 20 minutes
- Add the stock cube and mixed herbs to the pan of veg
- Once the sausages are lightly brown, chop them into small pieces (careful, they’ll be very hot!) and add to the veg pan
- Let everything simmer for a further 5 minutes