Doughnuts, for breakfast? YES PLEASE!
These lovely little breakfast doughnuts are very quick and easy to make and are made with only naturally occuring sugars- WINNING!
I found these on instagram- another Feeding Harriett Gem. I was keen to try these as a way to continue with Harry’s egg ladder journey- step 1 baked egg in flour.
1 cup of self raising flour
1 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
I tsp vanilla essence
3/4 strawberries chopped small
70 ml milk, of your choice- I used whole milk (add more or less, stop when you reach a runny consistency)
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, except the milk and mix.
2. Add half the milk and stir, then continue to do so until you reach a runny consistency- it should pour easily.
3. Chop your chosen fruit into small pieces, and add a few pieces to the bottom of each mould.
4. Carefully pour your mixture over your chopped fruit, leaving a little space for rising.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 18 minutes, carefully remove from mould and return to oven for a further 5 minutes.