Another lockdown bake, definitely ignoring the waistline at the minute! These cookies are near perfection and the recipe is very easily adapted- today I chose Cadbury Twirl!
- 125 g Unsalted Butter/Stork
- 100 g Light Brown Sugar
- 100 g White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 25 g Cocoa Powder
- 225 g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 300g Chocolate of your choice- I chose Twirl!
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line two-four baking trays- You need quite large trays to make sure the cookies don’t touch!
- Mix together the Butter and both Sugars until light and fluffy and thoroughly combined! I used my KMixer because it gets super fluffy!
- Mix in the Vanilla and the Egg until thoroughly combined, then mix in the Flour, Bicarbonate of Soda, Baking Powder and Salt until a thick paste/cookie dough is formed.
- Fold in your Chocolate, and spoon the mixture onto baking trays and make sure they are suitably spread out so they stay separate! (I usually fit 6 on each tray to be safe)
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until spread out perfectly crinkly. A minute or so less will be gooey, a minute or two more will be beautiful Crunchy.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and gobble them all up – don’t burn yourself on the chocolate!
I had a little helper baking mine this morning!