‘Once you’ve tried this easy pizza dough recipe, you’ll never look back!’
We make our own pizzas quite a lot and we use this Jamie Oliver dough recipe everytime!
- 1 kg white bread flour or 800g strong white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 x 7 g dried yeast sachets
- 1 tablespoon golden caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sieve the flour and salt into your stand mixer and make a well in the middle
2. In a jug, mix the yeast, sugar and oil into 650ml of lukewarm water and leave for a few minutes
3. Add yeast mixture into your flour well and mix slowly
4. Using a dough hook, knead until you have a smooth, springy dough
5. Place your dough into a large oiled bowl to prove, cover dough with a damp tea towel and leave in a warm place for about an hour until the dough has doubled in size
6. Remove dough from bowl and knead around a bit to push the air out with your hands – this is called ‘knocking back the dough’
7. Shape dough as desired
8. Top pizza any way you like!